Here are some frequently asked questions. If you need additional answers, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have a teacher’s license? Yes. Furthermore, my Bachelor’s is in English Secondary Education and I have a Master’s in Education as well.
- How long have you taught? I’m approaching twenty years in the classroom.
- What have you taught? Creative Writing, English Language Composition, Speech, and all four grade levels of high school English.
- Do you enjoy writing? I love to write. I have published five books and write short stories, reviews, and editorials regularly at my author website: ScottWilliamFoley.com.
- What skills do you stress with each paper? I focus on writing skills such as purpose, content development, organization, voice, sentence variety, word choice, grammar, punctuation, spelling, and more.
- Are you considered a small business? Yes.
- Do you take paid vacations? Yes. I take one week in late December, one week in mid-March, and one week in June.
- How will my child share their writing with you? We will prewrite, write, and revise via Google Docs. A free Google account will be required.
- How many students do you have? I intend to work with a maximum of 30 students.
- What if you don’t have room for my child? I currently have space, but I’ll start a waiting list when necessary.
- Will you look over my child’s school work? No. We focus only on my curriculum.
- Are you willing to offer advice to my child when asked if it pertains to school work? Of course. But I don’t have time to proof or edit school work.
- How often will you interact with my child’s writing? I offer feedback every weekday to my students, provided they are keeping up.
- What if my child falls behind? We can slow down or speed up as you desire. I have a pace in mind, but it can be adjusted.
- How often will you provide feedback to me regarding my child? Regularly. I like to heap praise. I’m also not afraid to let you know if there’s a problem.
- Will you travel to my home? No. This is purely an online endeavor.
- Will you ever actually speak with my child? Yes. I conduct one video chat per student every month which will last up to 30 minutes.
- What ages of children do you work with? I work with students ages thirteen through eighteen (seventh through twelfth grades).
Secure your spot today by contacting Scott Foley at email@example.com.